Friday, March 07, 2014

I'm Baaaacccckkkk ;)


Ok then - So, the day after the Whole 30, we decided we would have ONE 'cheat' meal and ONE Guinness - lol - and we did....




Yes, that was it - My hubby LOVES our local burger place, 25 Burgers - well, to be more accurate, he loves their Royal Burger - the one I've sort of replicated him with the fried egg and bacon :)

I chose to just have the bacon cheeseburger and no sides with an unsweetened iced tea - It was perfect, had I gotten fries, I wouldn't have been able to finish it. I'm not gonna lie, it was absolutely delicious!

And later I had my ONE Guinness - and it was GOOD! :P

We were a bit trepidatious about ordering something with so many ingredients we had been avoiding for a month, but there were really no ill effects to speak of - thankfully - That is not to say that I'm ready to just let it all go.

That was dinner - Breakfast was still 2 fried eggs and Lunch was my leftover Guacamole Chicken Salad  :)

Yesterday was right back on Paleo, there are a few things I'll be adding back in from the Whole 30, but I plan to stick to Paleo for a while and see how I do :)

Breakfast was 2 fried eggs again...

Lunch was myWild Planet Pole Caught Skipjack Tuna, homemade paleo mayo, organic tomato (chopped the end pieces and threw it in), organic dill relish, onion, chopped capers and fresh dill over sliced organic tomato
 


Paleo chili for dinner

2 Pkgs 93% lean grass fed organic ground beef, 1 1/2 onions, 1 organic red bell pepper, 1 can Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes, 1 can diced green chilis,garlic, spices (chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, celery salt, pepper, a little cinnamon, a little cocoa powder, cayenne, dried cilantro....) and a carton of organic vegetable stock - topped with avocado and cilantro :)



Today I again had 2 fried eggs for breakfast - it's just so easy to fry them up real quick :) Also had coffee with coconut milk...

Lunch was leftover Chili :)

And dinner - Mmmm dinner!


Paleo crab cakes and Paleo 'Bang Bang' Shrimp

The crab cakes were based on this recipe, but I also added smoked paprika and bay seasoning and chives instead of green onions and I used cashew meal instead of almond flour - after the first batch that was coming apart a bit, I added a bit more cashew meal and didn't bother with trying to dust them with it, they were much better the second batch. I also used a combo of bacon grease, ghee and garlic olive oil for frying

http://www.paleocupboard.com/crab-cakes.html

For the shrimp, I based it on this recipe, I wanted to use chili garlic sauce (after checking the label), but to my surprise, we were out. I think it would have been better with chili garlic sauce, but it was pretty good - I did the shrimp on the griddle coated with avocado oil and tossed with the mayo mixture:

http://paleokitchensync.com/2013/01/23/paleo-bang-bang-shrimp/

It was a delicious Friday night dinner - And I only had 2 bites of the second crab cake and didn;t want any more, so it can be part of my lunch/brunch tomorrow! :D

Now for a drink or three! ;)

No comments: