Sunday, March 02, 2014

Day 28! 


What a day - we slept in and watched TV in bed for a bit as we usually do on Sundays. Hubby got up to check on his flight and discovered it was canceled - ugh!

Not only was it canceled, but they had rescheduled him to fly out Tuesday - Not ONLY did they schedule him 2 days later, but they had him on a flight that would be landing in Detroit AFTER his still booked flight home! Umm, yeah, not really gonna work!

The weather wasn't even due to hit here until after his flight, so we have no idea why they canceled it.
He calls the airline to get it straightened out and their system tells him that they're very busy due to the storm in the Northeast and can't help him now, please call back later!!  He finally got through and is now traveling out Tues and coming back Wed - at least it's now only one night away, so silver lining there...

As usual, being the weekend, there were just the 2 meals today :)

Brunch was pretty quick and easy


Leftover sweet potato hash hubby made yesterday, scrambled eggs w/ salsa and 2 slices bacon 
I made 5 eggs total and gave hubby a little more than myself :)



Dinner was organic chicken breast roulade stuffed with duck sausage and a salad w/ dressed with olive oil, red wine vinegar and spike seasoning
I found the sausage at Wegmans and was happy to see the ingredients seemed to be all good :)

I wish I'd sliced the chicken and taken a picture of it sliced with the sausage running down the middle - silly me - Oh well, next time...

Only my younger daughter and I had this, hubby didn't think it sounded like something he wanted, so I just did his chicken as blackened chicken using Cajun seasoning and my older daughter's was just seasoned with salt, pepper and a garlic pepper grinder mix 

I also had a small handful of macadamia nuts sometime between brunch and dinner :)

Day 28 Success!




No comments: