Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Day 30!


Last day! Sure, there may have been a time or 2 in there I technically should have started over, but frankly, I wasn't really looking at this as a 30-day thing, but a 30-day start and now I'll just be making adjustments :)

I was considering one meal tomorrow of anything we want, but we are a little trepidatious about the affects that might have on us. Hubby would likely want to order pizza, that might be too much...
I'd love to go out for Mexican! lol

Breakfast today was just 2 fried eggs - no pic of that.

Lunch was a quickly thrown together Guacamole Chicken Salad


Hubby's business trip was canceled and he hadn't eaten all day with dealing with the airport flight cancelations etc, etc and didn't bother to find something to eat, he didn't want the gumbo I had planned to try making AND the grocery store didn't have the shrimp (they said it's coming tomorrow - grrr), so to make him happy, steaks it was....


As Anne Burrell says, brown food tastes good! It's just not very photogenic ;P
Doing 4 steaks that barely fit on my griddle caused me to lose my nice char as they started to steam instead :( But, they were nice and rare like I like it :)  Free range, grass fed of course :)

We also had crab stuffed mushrooms again and roasted asparagus - yum! :)

Day 30 Success! :)



No comments: