Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 24!


Busy, busy work day - Breakfast was 2 (4 halves) deviled eggs - again :)
I'll switch it up more if/when I get tired of them :)

Lunch was Thai Green Curry
I didn't take a picture, I was shaky hungry by the time I got it made with work and my daughter cooking herself lunch before she had to leave for work
Lots of veggies, homemade chicken stock from the carcass of the chicken I roasted a couple days ago, 2 cans coconut milk, green curry paste, a sliced in half piece of lemongrass, a little lime juice and leftover roasted chicken.

Dinner was something I've made a few times previously and love :)
So glad it's Whole 30 friendly :)




Pork Tenderloin with balsamic thyme cherries - This time I used organic frozen cherries from Costco, so they are much darker, but the dish was still just as delicious - I just think this is a beautiful and elegant enough for company dish :) 

I was very happy with my perfectly cooked, not a bit dry, pork tenderloin :) I just mixed up coarse sea salt, pepper, granulated garlic, crushed garlic, dried rosemary and dried thyme with some avocado oil to make a paste and rubbed that over the tenderloins (2 in a pkg) and roasted at 400 for about 30 minutes, until it reached 150 at the thickest part. We had this with roasted asparagus

Based on this recipe - I've never added the honey and never thought it needed it, cherries are plenty sweet enough --- http://www.nlrockrecipes.com/2009/07/grilled-pork-loin-chops-with-balsamic.html

Happily, I have both leftover curry and the other pork loin tenderloin with the rest of the cherries for tomorrow, typically my busiest workday of the week, so I may not have to cook (though I may save the curry for Friday and have spaghetti squash instead since I set aside some of the ground beef from last night for that and it may need to be cooked up or frozen...)

Anyway, I'm calling it!

Day 24 Success! 




No comments: